The MGA Restoration Project
Page One: Contemporary Advertising
The MGA was introduced in June, 1955 to replace the MGTF. The TF was a stopgap
design that was intended to "modernize" the traditional roadster styling of
the TD with faired-in fenders and other streamlining.
Although billed as "entirely new" the MGA would prove to be a transitional
vehicle between the traditional pre-war engineering and styling of the T
series and the unit-body fully-enclosed styling of the B series. The MGA
lacked many of the "refinements" of the B, including windows, starter
solenoid, door handles and metal floorboards. Still, it was a tremendous advance in
sports car design.
To See Pages Listed by Subject, go to the
Index of Pages by Subject
On to Page Two
Original Content COPYRIGHT © 2001, 2003, 2006, 2012 by